FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Mar 31, 2016, 6:49 am
TrojanTraveler

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by WWads
When it comes to using certs, I hang up if I don't hear a Minnesota accent.
I had another recent experience highlighting how this is broken. After so many errors with these certs, Mrs. TrojanTraveler (who is DM and has her own certs) started tracking these. Especially with the limited expiration dates, it's also important that they pull the right ones. Several times they have not done so, e.g. pulled one expiring many months from now rather than one expiring in a month.

On this recent reservation, I called ahead of time, told them there had been issues, and asked them to read me the cert numbers attached to each of our RT tickets. They did this (discovering another error), and I wrote down which cert was attached to which segment.

Less than 24 hours before departure, as usual I could not check in. I called to get the tickets reissued (which should have been done), but was told that, among other issues, they had attached one of my certs to two segments (outbound for myself and Mrs. TrojanTraveler). How could this happen? Aside from the fact that I literally had them read the cert numbers attached to a specific segment, how does DL have a system that permits this. And, if there was a problem, why didn't DL already try to reissue the ticket and contact me that there was a problem? This took me 30 min on the phone for them to fix. I often don't have that much time at the airport if the problem was discovered there.

I shouldn't be surprised but I'm amazed that DL has such a poor customer experience for a benefit only available to their DM fliers.