FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis First, President's Club & Chairman's Club
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:26 am
IAHtraveler
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by ucfjoe
I'm with you that I like trying out new vehicles and I'll admit that I've been disappointed (seriously sounds absurd when I say it) that I keep getting XTS's.
Hah, I feel the same way! Totally a first world problem of "always getting stuck with an XTS".

Originally Posted by ucfjoe
I'm intrigued by the drop off thing. Maybe it's just the airports I frequent but if I have to drive to the car center and wait for someone to jump in the car with me, I don't see how that saves me any time and since most of my travel is with a carry-on the luggage hauling doesn't help me.
Sorry for the confusion: For the valet option, yes, you still need to drive to the center, get checked-in, then they drive you to the terminal. In my opinion, it saves the time/hassle. For example, yesterday I had to return my coworker's car to Hertz at ORD. I walked to their bus & waited ~5 minutes for it to fill up. Then had to wait for the bus to stop at all terminals before I could get off. With Avis, it would have been much quicker/more pleasant.