FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ON THE ROAD AGAIN: Breaking Through the Five Million Mile Threshold in Style
Old Mar 30, 2016, 12:41 am
Chalkie

Programs: QF Plat / OWE (Lifetime Gold), Aeroplan SE, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Avis Pres't Circle
Thanks Seat 2A. I love your TRs and agree with everything you say about aeroplane travel! I just wish I had the time to write more TRs myself. I've just finished a QF/AA/BA RTW in F and it would be fun to write it up, but alas, I have many, many demands on my time.

I think it is a close call for the most comfortable F seat between CX and QF. QF puts a lambswool covered mattress down for its sleeper service, and it is truly comfortable. I also love the space, airiness and quiet of the A380 cabin (which CX unfortunately doesn't offer). But the CX cabin is much smarter in styling and design than the QF F cabin, so points there.

I had a terrific BA transatlantic flight in F with good food and a wonderful crew. It was a daytime flight and like you I struggle nowadays even with champers too early on. So I had <gasp> a completely dry flight in F with BA. I made up for it by having about 5 pots of properly brewed, wonderful English tea with shortbreads though...

My AA "F" flights were OK, I guess. The days of a decent service in American skies are certainly well behind us now. Sigh. What kills me is that QF can and does serve a proper meal on a one hour flight from Sydney to Melbourne (and BA can do it between London and Glasgow!) with a smile and proper service and yet the richest and most powerful country in the world can't manage it on its eponymous carrier? That surely is a puzzlement.