FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Mar 29, 2016, 4:24 pm
yohanson

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by rylan
I had the same on a flight under a month away in April... agent said the ticket was sent to the reissue desk so they would clear the upgrade and use the cert and then I'd be able to pick seats. Following day I got a email with the new receipt and could pick a seat and get it to stick. Agent was very knowledgeable and said to hold on while they checked to make sure everything was entered correctly. Give it a day or two and see if it gets reissued if they won't process while on the phone.

Regarding the advance waitlist, I also thought they couldn't see the position either... so wonder how the agent said that you were at the bottom for the other flight.
I just got the email now for NRT-DTW. It seems the first agent I talked to had it right and the subsequent two agents had it wrong. Anyway, it took a couple of days. What's interesting is that the last time I had waitlisted GUCs, I had an agent say there was inventory and he spent a good 5-10 minutes processing it. I could select seats after that but they wouldn't stick the same way these were acting until I got the email a couple of days later. If I remember correctly, the agent that did the other GUC said it had been sent to the reissue desk already.