FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:10 am
rylan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by yohanson
I called back and the agent said there is no upgrade inventory for either flight and that I wasn't being upgraded at this time. I should add that I can pick seats in J on the NRT-DTW leg but it errors out after I hit save and exit whereas on the DTW-NRT flight, it tells me I can only view the seat map in that class.
I had the same on a flight under a month away in April... agent said the ticket was sent to the reissue desk so they would clear the upgrade and use the cert and then I'd be able to pick seats. Following day I got a email with the new receipt and could pick a seat and get it to stick. Agent was very knowledgeable and said to hold on while they checked to make sure everything was entered correctly. Give it a day or two and see if it gets reissued if they won't process while on the phone.

Regarding the advance waitlist, I also thought they couldn't see the position either... so wonder how the agent said that you were at the bottom for the other flight.