FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tour through all five Business Class Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 2
Old Mar 29, 2016, 7:41 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
i frequently connect via lhr either early in am or late evening and i always have a 3-5 hour connection.

what matters to me the most in an airport lounge, starting from most important going down to least important:
drinking
showering
eating
chillin
sleepin
workin if i must

in the am i make my rounds in the following order:
1) lh senator for 15 mins to hammer back german beer and some tater salad
2) check out the perfume for 5mins, see if i can get samples
3) sq for 30 mins to hammer back some singapore slings mimosas and breakfast dumplings
4) ua for 3hrs to shower, have shirt pressed, more mimosas and whatever cocktails Floran has up his sleeve this week, a real hot proper american breakfast
5) ac for 2 mins to see if their lounge has improved its cocktails or drinks (it hasn't)
6) ua or sq for remainder for some more mimosas, probably sq cause ua barkeep cut me off
7) board

in the pm:
1) lh for healthy snack and more german beer and dinner if sq isn't operating that night
2) sq for singapore slings and hot dinner (only on nights when there's a flight) and dessert and then more singapore slings
3) ac to pass out/nap in those beds in the back (the lounge is SO quiet after 6) and drink more
4) ua to drink whatever wine they have
5) board

ac's lounge is the worst in lhr, but still not too bad. it's just that it has terrible design that reminds me why i left canada in the first place. the ac bar is meh and that conference table in the back is so . sq and ua are far better spaces with better dranks. with sq the options are much more limited after flight departures or if there are no departures that day. all lounges the same way, but i mean they pull 2/3 of the food right at departure.

either way at least there are choices. makes up for that awful soul sucking airport.