FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tour through all five Business Class Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 2
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:08 am
warakorn
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Does anyone know if lounge hopping is possible at LHR’s T2 if holding an OS ticket, I do have TK *G status.
You have to be departing on a Star Alliance operated flight, then you may access all five lounge, when they are open.
Having OS-ticket by itself is not enough, because OS may issue tickets for Germanwings/Eurowings operated flights from LHR T2. There is generally speaking no lounge access then.

I'm wondering why the * carriers never went with a joint lounge at LHR terminal 2. I really like the Star Alliance Lounge at TBIT at LAX. 5 lounges all from Star Carrier seems overkill.
Having at least two Star Alliance lounges makes sense, because T2A and T2B are pretty far apart.
Just having a huge lounge in T2B would alienate the shorthaul pax on LX, LH and OS.

As to why UA, AC and SQ built they own lounge, I don't know. It could be that relationships between SQ and UA are poor and SQ does not trust UA to co-build a lounge, which is sufficient for SQ pax. However, as f today the UA lounge is way better than the SQ lounge.