FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Travel Association's Daily Getaways 2016
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:58 am
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by miadukes
Well I just calculated the IHG points and I can do almost the same on the 100% bonus they run sometimes during the year, so I may choose to not spend the money on those but really excited that Choice points is the first day.
So questions, these generally stay available until they sell out right? and they go live at 1pm, everything for that day at the same time?
Yes - though for the hot tickets items they often sell-out in under a minute (last year I clicked the Hyatt one at exactly 1pm and it was already gone).

Choice and IHG aren't as popular (I remember 2 years ago I bought an IHG one a month later when I needed a last minute hotel booking at CPH and it was cheaper to buy a package and book at Crowne Plaza CPH on points than it was to pay straight cash for it).

Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and the Expedia $1000 for $650 tend to be gone in an instant (and I don't see anything from the first three yet but am crossing my fingers they participate and I can grab at least a package from one of them).

Car rentals can be popular as well.