FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need some help with different fare classes
Old Mar 27, 2016, 7:56 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by exiled2tx
.... The old UA search / fare engine has been replaced by something that list columns as Economy (lowest), Economy (flexible) and First Class (lowest). I assume that there is a First Class (flex) out there too somewhere. ...
Under Advance Search you will find further "Fare preferences" options.

....I'm trying to find out what comes with (or doesn't come with) each of the current categories. Most interested in seating (for years I've gotten us exit rows in advance at no charge), luggage (we'll each have a bag), refundablity or ability to use in the future, boarding priority, mileage (is it still dollar based?) etc. ...
As Premier Silver you have some benefits -- see https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...r/default.aspx.
Premier Silver as far as bags is a single bag for each passenger and E+ seating if available at check-in (but not booking).
You will be in Boarding Group 2 (Premier cabin, GS, 1Ks and Plats will board earlier -- as will Customers with Disabilities, Uniformed Military Personnel and Families with Children age Two and Under.

An F ticket will have 3 bags.

....I'll be buying the tickets with my Chase United card. ....
Depending on the card there may be some check bag benefits. Other credit card benefits are no better than Premier Silver benefits.