FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: Admirals Club membership inc. Citi AA Executive card; 1 Day Pass
Old Mar 27, 2016, 3:11 pm
MADPhil

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Looking for help with a recent debacle.

Used a one-day pass at LAX AC since I was going to be at the airport for the better part of the day. Handed it to the dragon without event, was not given anything in return, and was sent on my way.

Left the AC about three hours after arriving to go to the gate for a flight I was standing by on. The flight was full and I could not be accommodated, so I went back to the AC.

When I tried to re-enter, I was told that I could not enter because I wasn't a member/didn't have same-day international travel. I tried to explain that I was on a one-day pass, but I was looked at like I was trying to pull a fast one on them. I pressed for a few minutes, but I eventually gave up and went back into the terminal.

Should I have been given a receipt for my one-day pass? It seems like that would make sense, especially since some pass users utilize ACs at multiple airports on their itinerary. Is it worth asking for compensation?
I would have thought that you should have been given the pass back and should have asked for it if it was not returned. You are allowed to use any available club for one full day and I don't see how you could do that otherwise as there is nothing on your BP. You could certainly ask for compensation, such as another one day pass, and you might get it.