FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Rockies in Canada - Lodges - Calgary (lots of ?'s)
Old Apr 12, 2003, 1:55 pm
blackjack-21

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
MANY years ago, I spent two weeks in the Canadian Rockies. Flew into Edmonton, rented a car, and drove to Grand Cache, for a week on a horseback through the Rockies, for some great fishing and riding. Then to Jasper and Lake Louise, and over the Continental Divide to B.C.
Several good hotels/motels in the Jasper area.
See Maligne Lake if you have time, and the area around it. The hotel at Lake Louise is also a good place to base your exploration of the area.
Do you ride horseback? If so, then check into the many trailrides of several days to a week, that are offered in the area. All meals, you'll sleep in tents, but it's fun and the scenery is fantastic. Some of the guides feature fishing trips (my week was spent riding, and fishing for some cuthroat trout on the Smoke River---one of the guys on the trip caught the second largest cutthroat trout caught in Alberta up to that time). I went in July, and the weather was perfect, but nights still got very cool.
Great area to relax and unwind. Scenery is super, interesting towns and side-trips into the mountains.

bj-21.