FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Mar 26, 2016, 11:17 pm
rizrizriz

Originally Posted by yohanson
I should add that I can pick seats in J on the NRT-DTW leg but it errors out after I hit save and exit whereas on the DTW-NRT flight, it tells me I can only view the seat map in that class.
So your able to see the seats and select them on the screen that Normally has the "You can only view this page" banner across the top? Thats what I saw yesterday night and called and at first DM line said that the JFK-NRT leg actually had cleared but needed to ReTicket it. But that the NRT-JFK had not. She left to get the ticket taken care of at the "International desk" and came back before it was done and say good news, the NRT-JFK was also cleared and they were working on both and would allow seat selection after Re-Ticketing. Spent about 15 mins on the phone and when done had seats set verbally. I went after hangup and confirmed that seats were set.

Wonder if the site is acting a bit weird or something with the banner that says you can select. Cuz I had exactly what you describe. Which is why I called in, wondered why it had seemingly changed, but didn't allow me to select seats. I assumed now that it was cuz the flight needed to be re-ticketed and that had not been done and got "held up" somewhere in the process? here's to hoping you get it soon!