FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official - GLOBAL UPGRADE CERT success thread - Yay! I got it!
Old Mar 26, 2016, 5:39 pm
yohanson

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by davetravels
YESSSSS!!!

There are many reports here, where, FlyerTalkers have either noticed a change in the way the reservation is displaying online, or simply called out of the blue to check availability, and the space was there, but the UG wasn't processed.

As mentioned in a very recent post somewhere above, when you call, don't just ask if the UG cleared - - - Ask if there's space available, in case it either wasn't coded properly, or somehow got "stuck" in a bottleneck in the UG process!

Good luck, and do post your results!

I called and the agent said the NRT-DTW upgrade is processing but the DTW-NRT flight was still waitlisted. He said it's unfortunate that my fare class was so low because everyone waitlisted on a higher fare class is ahead of me. This was news to me.

I checked delta.com and my NRT-DTW is still showing as being waitlisted and I can't pick seats in J. Does it take a long time to process the upgrades? That doesn't make any sense to me.