FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetSmarter - discussion and experiences
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:21 am
oenophilist
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
Yet another annoying cancellation.

On Wednesday evening, APA-LAX on a Challenger 300 popped up on the app for a Thursday 6pm departure.
It was still there yesterday morning when I booked 4 seats, paying an extra $650 for the 4th seat.

Within 30 minutes after confirming the pax details, I received this text "Unfortunately, KAPA-KLAX reservation was not confirmed. We apologize for any inconvenience". When I pressed, I got "The operator had a schedule change and is no longer able to offer the empty leg". A legitimate last minute cancellation I can accept but this smelled like XOJET cancelled long before I "booked" and the leg was still on the app for a while despite it no longer being available.

I reached out to my rep for an explanation and got this not very reassuring explanation... "Not sure the situation but they are only guaranteed within 5 hours anything prior to that you are just indicating interest."
Had you already confirmed the invoice? As I have experienced, nothing is confirmed until you confirm the invoice. The operators are always moving flights around until the last minute, and can do so until they book the empty leg with Jetsmarter.