FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most affordable way to get from Bangkok to Male (MLE)?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:42 am
dsquared37
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm planning a trip to SE Asia next February, and want to go from Thailand to Maldives. The only direct flight from BKK is on Bangkok airways, which is almost $500 OW per person, which is more than I want to pay. I looked at airlines that fly to MLE, and another one that services Bangkok is Maldivian, which flies to DMK. Google flights indicates that Maldivian has 2 Friday flights from DMK-MLE, but when I search the website, nothing comes up for any of the dates I searched for. I figured it was too far out, so I tried looking for flights in late March 2016 and still don't get anything. Is this a seasonal thing? I tried looking into using JAL miles to book Bangkok Airways, but sounds like people aren't able to get that to work. Any other ideas?

A o/w ticket, if that's what you want will set you back $445 since PG limits lower fare classes to r/t only for international flights. The r/t, at $575 a/i, prices out into 'V' which is a special promo fare while the o/w goes into N, an upper mid-level eco fare.

There is award space available on the hand full of random days i tried in Feb.

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
There's a thread about this. Looks pretty discouraging.

I'm looking for alternatives at this point.
I responded in there.