FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CP Yas island or IC Abu Dhabi
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:55 pm
markis10

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
IC Abu Dhabi

Introduction Unfortunately I had a number of issues, specifically really poor internet and road noise while sleeping. As a result I ended up leaving early. If you are on holiday, this is an ideal location and has seven restaurants to choose from. If you are on business, then I would caution recommending a stay if you get the  same  svicI did.The rooms living area essentially took up the shape of a U, with a dining area and guest toilet on the left, lounge room at the bottom and bedroom on the right. The bathroom took up the middle.Around four hours after checkin a plate of fruit was delivered, the person delivering it mentioned they would be back with cutlery etc, I never saw them again.2. The mini bar looked emptyish1. The room stank of stale smokeI arrived around 1.30pm and after some delay, checked in. As the hotel was oversold the night before, apparently limited options were available and I was upgraded to the Emirates Suite on the 7th floor. On entry to the room I noted a number of things:I spent a number of weeks agonising over where to stay for my trip to Abu Dhabi, and decided on the IC, as it was a short walk from where the action was for the Red Bull air race.