FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Cruise Lines
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2004, 12:52 pm
PIONEER

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by brendamc:
Radisson usually isn't included due to their lower fares (not a complaint - excellent value for $$) & extra charges for drinks outside of wine in the dining room (none of the other 'deluxe' smaller lines do this, although the large ones do). We enjoyed our cruise, but I thought they had the dinkiest little closets I'd ever seen - we were on a short 5 nighter & I couldn't begin to cram it in! Of course, I travel rather well provisioned, but a 12" closet was ridiculous!

Totally agree w/ you on Seabourne & I still can't figure out why people get so excited over Crystal - I love the smaller ships & not getting nickel and dimed constantly. Only sailed on them once, but I've never seem so many pompous wealth-displaying obnoxious guests in my life - much prefer Silversea, where people are usually much lower key.
</font>
We're sailing on the Diamond in a couple of weeks. My understanding is that beverages are totally comp, but that may because we've got a suite.

Our trip on Crystal last year was great. Once you start sailing on 6* ships, you sure don't want to go back. Haven't tried Silversea or Seabourn. Other than the smaller ships, is there any other reason you prefer them over Crystal?