FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aloft Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2016, 3:47 pm
onlysilver

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards Gold, Club Carlson, Starwood Gold, AAdvantage
I have to say that this Aloft hotel is an "interesting" hotel to stay at...it's great if you only want a great location to the S-bahn, which is why we actually stay there. The rooms and accommodations are nice. The bed is comfortable and the room is updated and spacious. Unfortunately, the shower leaks all over the place. We have stayed here many times and it's the same issue. Like it leaks by toilette and almost into the sink area (can be quite annoying).

The service is definitely lacking. Sadly, even though we're gold members, regular visitors were treated horribly as well (as we've seen at check-in many times). As gold members, we have never been recognized....fine, we don't need gold stars, but a bit of recognition would be nice. It takes forever to check-in, like almost 20 minutes with only 1 person in front of you. I could go on and on about this hotel, but I won't waste much time. To be honest, the hotel seems to be only interested in making money from the Friday and Saturday night hotel bar than the actual guests paying to stay there. I do warn others though, if you are looking for a nice and relaxing glass of wine or drink at this hotel bar, be warned...as outsiders come in and turn it into a club like atmosphere. Great if you want to party hard, but not so great if want to have a conversation with the person you are with. We tend to share bottle of wine in our room because of this.