FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Budapest (Master Thread)
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2016, 11:38 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
I'm shall be visiting Budapest in a few months and have my AMB BOGO cert to use.

I'm trying to work out the best way of work an Exec suite with club access. They've arranged their rooms in such a way that you can't get upgraded free to it. Does anyone have any experience of what would happen if I booked the Exec Suite. I notice the next room is the Pres. suite.
True as the Suite text says Club included, but not if room is an upgrade, ... however that more affects just the RAs as Ambassadors don'thave rights to lounge access from room upgrades anyway.

IC Budapest is not one of the hotels individually listed in Ambassador t+c block to exclude certain rooms from upgrades. The generic text excempting all IC's regards Royal/Presidential Suites got removed sme time ago when the list of hotels with exclusions was enlarged.

However with only 1x Pres Suite if multiple Amb/RA elites book room cat below, only one canbe given the Presidential, so no guarantees for such an upgrade.

An RA v Ambassador woud reult in RA getting Pres Suite, whilst Ambassador w/o bogo free night would get over your bogo stay.