FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Enhances its short haul economy fare structure
Old Mar 24, 2016, 1:53 am
Saltire74
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Another, what may seem a stupid question folks. Got the return section of my flights AMS-LHR-GLA this coming Thursday. Have 5 hours between arriving on my CX flight to my onward connection (seperate bookings). By the time I arrive in AMS I will have been travelling 30+hrs and I really don't fancy extending my travel time if it ends up missing my flight to GLA. I know BA would put me on the next available flight but that may not be the next flight. In reality I could end up sitting at LHR for a few extra hours.

As the day gets nearer I am starting to feel more nervous about the 1 hour connection in LHR and am going to chance my luck and see about getting the earlier flight ex AMS.

In this situation what would I be better doing? Doing OLCI and not printing/downloading BP's or leaving it and waiting till I get to the ticket desk at AMS?

Your superior knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Here in AMS. I asked and politely declined. To change to the flight before it would cost €430. Looks like it will be a very fast walk to transfers at LHR. Not holding out much hope for my bags.

Safe & Happy Travels

S