FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Harmony of the Seas
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2016, 12:35 am
wantan

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by Jay71
Ultimately, we did not go with a Cruise Compete quote, though we would have and would consider using trying Cruise Compete again. We ended up using a local TA that we used previously out of loyalty even though the perks (mainly OBC's) weren't as good but close enough.
got my quote today (a week since requesting) and unfortunately it was higher than RC's own site.

Decided to just book on RC's site before prices go up. As a newbie in cruising and first time on RC some questions :

1. is the drinks package worth it compared to buying alcohol/coffee over the counter ? say 5-ish drinks on a heavy day. Can the drink package be on a per-day basis, or are you stuck with paying for it even if out on excursion etc

2. cabin upgrades. I've already booked my cruise and noticed they need a Crown & Anchor membership to do upgrades ? Are they are perks to signing up early or are the more enticing offers on board ?

3. what are the recommended things I pre-book/order online ? as it's a new ship, might be tempted to spend on dining (just not at Jamie Oliver's!)... any thoughts on this, or is the sit-down, buffet and other free options good enough?

4. tipping. what's the expectation to tip and daily gratuity ? wise to pre-pay ?