FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide: LAX / Los Angeles TBIT / Bradley Int’l. oneworld Lounges
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:18 pm
mmjaysee

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
Pardon my ignorance, but what is so special about the Qantas F lounge at TBIT? I've been there once, flying CX in F to HKG and I found the lounge to be quite underwhelming. It honestly felt like an Admirals Club with slightly better furniture and a sit down restaurant inside it. I found the shower suites to be a bit lacking in their decor compared to the Admirals Club in T4. I had a bite at the restaurant, and while the food was nice, it's nothing that I haven't had before.

The furniture looked nice, but really, a comfy chair is a comfy chair, and I found it to be similar in feel to the Admirals Club. I ended up going to the OneWorld J lounge afterwards to take a look around before proceeding to my flight. I found the buffet spread at the J lounge to be a bit more user friendly. Overall, I felt underwhelmed by these lounges. Yes, they're noticeably better than the Admirals Club, but not really that different from the Admirals Club save for the food.
You might have gone to the old OW lounge, not the new Qantas first lounge. The old OW lounge was dated. The new Qantas lounge is heavenly.