FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines Visa
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2016, 1:12 pm
LNJSomers

DATAPOINT: Applied for two Alaska Air visas today (first with the $100 statement credit link above, second via referral link), was declined for first and pending for second. Applied for the BOA BankAmericard immediately afterwards and was approved for that with a $5K limit.

Called the number above and spoke to a recon manager who advised that it wasn't possible for new BOA customers to get approved for more than one card initially, and that this was a relatively new policy. He stated that this policy change was a direct result of people applying for "five or six" credit cards in a single day.

Asked if it would be possible to get the approved BankAmericard transferred to an Alaska Air card since that was my first choice, but was told that this wasn't possible. Rep explicitly stated that it wouldn't be possible to receive an approval within 90 days of this application, but recommended that I attempt to reapply in 95 days or so.

Any advice? Should I try calling again and hoping I get a different response from a different rep?