FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2016, 1:59 am
Geoggy

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jozdemir
Yeah I get there Wednesday and according to the website they're sold out Fri/Sat/Sun night at this stage
Yes hotel is full at the weekend, so can't complain about that.

There's a long back story I won't go into , but the short version is that they had next category room for our paid stay and during an email conversation with the Personal Concierge they had guaranteed me that by linking the reservations it would not affect a part stay upgrade. In other words I was happy to have the upgrade and then move - but alas after 3 hours of showing them emails etc etc I was too tired to carry on and just took the room we booked - which is lovely.

However - I am really surprised that there is major construction going on right next door to the hotel - on both sides - and I didn't see this anywhere when booking on the website.

Getting obtrusive noise all day by the pool and on the beach and a large percentage of the view from our room is of a building site.

I will have to have a word with someone about it.

On a positive note, the lounge is excellent. Good food and 3 hours of cocktails between 5-8 which are excellent.

Staff all very friendly - the room is lovely and as Diamonds we also get free breakfast either in lounge or main breakfast room. Breakfast selection much better downstairs but quieter in lounge - which has hardly felt busy at all.

The price of food and drink here is obscene. Don't come without a full wallet. Bottle of water 6 GBP, a beer 10 GBP - the cheapest bottle of red in Lao was 60 GBP.

I'm impressed with the property so far - it has some major flaws - mostly given the construction work which may not bother you if you aren't here to chill out for a week - which we are.

The piped music by the pools is also irritating, ranging from drum and bass to jazz - I could live without that and now use my Bose noise cancellers.

I would stay again - but not until the building work is done - getting off the palm is taking forever due to road and sea wall works by Atlantis as well.

Any questions whilst I am here just ask.