FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Gold via Amex Plat problems
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2016, 4:40 pm
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You can check the bonus points by comparing points to your bill or even approximate it (2 versus 3 points on the amount before tax and ineligible items) from checking the total on your credit card bill. If you take points as your welcome gift, you can also verify whether those points (250 in most properties for Golds) have posted.

I'm suspicious that you were dropped from Gold at the end of your first year. If you know when you got the authorized user credit card or when you initiated the Gold status--perhaps very soon after receiving your credit card--you can see whether you only had Gold for one year.
Per my other post, all points accounted for! In answer to your question:

Enrolled Sept 2014 (back then had to call Amex who transferred over to SPG)
Dropped March 2016 (now Amex handles all enrollments to Gold).

If rep I spoke to (and another via email) is correct re March 1 re-enrollment annually via Amex (SPG member must initiate), then I suspect what happened was that this rule came into affect AFTER March 2015, so I was carried over to March 2016. I've now contacted Amex and they've "re-enrolled" me as Gold, but it has yet to show up on my SPG account. I'll check back in a few days. Here's the email from SPG (though I don't think the "2 years" part is right b/c clearly didn't apply to me):

"I understand that you are an AMEX Platinum cardholder, this does entitle you to be an elite Gold member with SPG. The process for continuing to be a Gold member was updated over two years ago now. It does require you to contact AMEX at the number on the back of your card. Advise them that SPG does not show you as an elite Gold member. They have a process that they have to follow so that we can then place you at that status. This is a yearly requirement for you as an AMEX Platinum card holder every March 1 of each year. Once we receive the verification from them, we would be delighted to upgrade your account."