FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Improved Wi-Fi performance lately
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:53 pm
dlaue

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by mek17
I've had this same issue. What I've found is that it appears the "getconnected" landing URL is housed locally on the plane, so it loads quickly. This includes the page where you enter payment info. However, the A+ login page appears to be housed elsewhere (on a server somewhere not on the plane) and therefore does not always load properly when the internet connection (as opposed to the local wifi connection) is acting up. I believe the A+ login page simply adds your MAC address to a list for the day. I have had success on my phone and iPad by disconnecting from the plane's wifi, going to the A+ login page using my cellular connection (AT&T in my case), and logging in. This seems to register the MAC address on the list. Then, I reconnect to the plane's wifi and am able to access the internet--to the extent it is working, which is usually not very well.

Obviously this approach would not work if you are using a laptop, iPad, or other device without a cellular connection. But it has worked for me a few times when I kept getting looped back to the landing page when trying to log in via the plane's wifi.
Aboard 4467. Still not working. Tried your trick, but no dice. Paid $8.😡