FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Gold via Amex Plat problems
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:52 pm
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC the SPG Gold via AmEx Plat seems to require periodic re-enrollment. It might have expired after the first year for you.

BTW, is this a benefit for authorized users or just the primary accountholder? What color is your AmEx card, Plat or Gold (versus spouse's Plat card, as IIRC there's a higher annual fee for the Plat authorized used card)? [This issue seems to matter with some of the AmEx Dl affiliated cards.]
I'm AU with a Plat Amex and the benefit is supposed to carry over to all Plats (primary or AU). It looks to me like I was SPG Gold up until very recently without ever having to re-enroll. I happen to have a screen shot of my account w/ "SPG Gold" from Nov when I did a status match to IHG. So I'm not sure what happened or when gold status was dropped. If I can figure out that date, then I'll know if I've been getting the correct bonus points. Never received any notification of anything. Maddening.