FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Gold via Amex Plat problems
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:17 pm
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
SPG Gold via Amex Plat problems

So I enrolled in SPG Gold after getting an AU on spouse's Amex Plat back in the fall of 2014. I recall calling Amex and then them transferring me over to SPG. I don't stay at SPG properties much, but my recent stays with them (July 2015 and Jan 2016) indicate a "gold gift" in my account (250 points, etc). So I never questioned my gold status. Until now.

I keep seeing X stays till you reach GOLD status on my account. So I emailed SPG and they said that I am not gold and that I need to contact Amex. I call Amex and they say I'm not enrolled. They conference in SPG who says I'm not gold but that I do have an Amex linked (but they can't tell me which one...I presume it is SPG Amex b/c that's the one I've personally added to my SPG account online for auto billing for SPG stays). And they DO see the "gold gifts" and bonuses for stays.

Amex blames SPG and SPG blames Amex for the fact that my account doesn't register in the system as "gold". No one can explain why I have gold gifts and bonuses. No one can say if I've received the spend bonuses I'm entitled to as a gold member. If I am a gold member. All very bizarre.

What to do? Has anyone had this problem? I believe somehow my SPG Amex "link" over rode my Amex Plat through which I enrolled in Gold. Amex also offered to enroll me in Hilton Gold (though I'd done THAT before, too). All very very strange. Seems like Amex or the hotels are dropping my status without me knowing.