FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Sao Paulo WTC Hotel, Brazil [Master Thread]
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:08 am
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Doing some research and it appears there is an Airport Bus service from the World Trade Center to GRU. Previous posts have talked about this service stopping at the Hyatt, or the D&D mall. Has anyone recently stayed here and used this bus and can clarify exactly where the boarding stop actually is?

--------------

To answer my own question, and for the reference of others, the Airport Service bus runs directly to and from the main entrance of the WTC. This office tower lobby connects directly with the mall (made up of home decor outlets) which leads to the hotel lobby. There is a ticket counter at the main reception of the office tower. Note that at the airport end, the bus service originates from Terminal 2 and only makes a stop at Terminal 1 but not Terminal 3 where UA and AA arrive. There are no signs that I could find at T3 to this service but you should cross to the centre loading area and take an intra-terminal shuttle to T2 where you will find a ticket counter and the departure zones for the various buses into the city. Fare is R45. There are several routes (check online on the GRU web site). As I stayed my first couple of nights in the centre of the city, I took the Republica route that continues on to the main hotels near Paulista. It dropped me right in front of the IC, a much better situated hotel for sightseeing than the Sheraton, Hilton or Hyatt which are all at the WTC district. There are also lots of Accor properties in this district where the IC is the only brand-name American chain to be found.

Last edited by Shareholder; Apr 18, 2016 at 8:03 am