FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Narita Int'l. Airport (NRT) Layover & Hotel Master Thread
Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:06 pm
AlwaysAisle

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
I'm arriving to NRT at 7:25 AM and departing at 6:20 PM. Reading this thread that probably isn't enough time to go into Tokyo proper so is my best option to wander around Narita Village and have lunch somewhere? Figure if I get there at 9 AM I'll have time until about 3 to explore.
I think you will have enough time to head to central Tokyo area. Express trains from Narita Airport (both by JR Narita Express and Keisei SkyLiner) to central area of Tokyo take about 1 hr., depending on what part of Tokyo you are heading.

For example, upon arrival at 7:25 a.m. at NRT you will likely able to catch Narita Express No. 4 departing Narita Airport Station at 8:13 a.m., where Narita Express No. 4 will arrive Tokyo Station at 9:27 a.m.

Your departure flight from NRT is 6:20 p.m. Even if you want to be back at NRT 2 hours before your flight, that will be Narita Express No. 37 departing Tokyo Station at 3:33 p.m. and arriving Narita Airport Station at 4:31 p.m.

This will pretty much give entire 6 hours to wonder around Tokyo. You will have plenty of time to head into central area of Tokyo.