FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Mar 21, 2016, 7:55 am
gobluetwo

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by swiftaw
Not sure if there was an appropriate thread to post this to so feel free to move if necessary.

UA 1891 Today, boarding in ORD they announce that they are still catering the plane and thus F is currently inaccessible. They board all the non-F passengers from group 1, and groups 2 and 3 before what seemed like a supervisor came over and told them to board F even though they were still loading the catering.

In the end the flight was great and the FA were very nice, but the boarding was a mess.
At first, I thought you were on my flight b/c a similar thing happened to me last week on a 757. F was held back and everyone else boarded first.

Of course, BG2 was completely empty since everyone with any sort of status on this midday flight to MCO cleared upgrades and there must not have been non-status CC holders. It was kind of hilarious and a big switch from my usual business flights where I end up #25+ on the upgrade list and languish at the end of a 40+ person BG2 queue.