FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Award changes 22 Mar 2016 - incl. which incur new mile amt, redeposit, which not
Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:46 am
kalendil

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Executive Club
Originally Posted by corncob
I just called from Australia to the Dallas EXP line and made a change to a JAL booking by adding a segment. The very helpful CS mentioned that because of the change in system, they were having to manually input everything, or at least search for each carrier's availability individually. I'm not sure if that's a new change, or a change in the system that happened awhile ago. If it's new, perhaps that didn't get kicked over to the Aussie call center?

I do know that she had to search for the domestic JAL flight a different way, and then tack it back onto my int'l AA flight and switch it to a partner award because of the JAL flight. It certainly didn't sound straightforward.

It was a happy ending though, she finally found me a flight after her third way of searching. And that JAL domestic flight didn't show up on BA.com, for what it's worth... It did show up on JAL's international award reservation search though.
Interesting. Might end up being a blessing in disguise, then, if it is forcing them to actually search for availability and not just take what the GUI gives them.