FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin New York at Times Square, NY, 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old Mar 20, 2016, 10:25 am
Eujeanie

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by controller1
We may be saying the same thing. To access Shula's you walked around the corner from Bar 10 and went down one level of stairs. After getting downstairs there was a bar which they referred to as "No Name Bar". It had a few seats but was primarily for serving Shula's. Shula's was right behind the "No Name Bar". You could also access Shula's through an elevator which served only Shula's and the Lobby Level.

I've also wondered about this. It leads me to believe room service is primarily provisioned by food that can be served fresh or microwave culinary treats!
Yes, I think we are saying the same thing about the location. There was one sad sack man sitting at that tiny bar, but I thought you could also just walk in back of the escalator to get to it, as well as using the elevator (that escalator was so fast we used the elevator when we were leaving with luggage).

I call the "lobby" the big place at the TOP of the escalator where the check-in desks were, and the 42nd St. entrance. The bottom of the escalator to me was just the "43rd St. entrance", which we actually used 90% of the time. Even though they had bell and doormen down there to me it wasn't the "lobby" (although the 42nd Street entrance was more convoluted, having to navigate the movie theater area).

Good luck on dinner...