FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin New York at Times Square, NY, 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old Mar 20, 2016, 10:12 am
Eujeanie

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by controller1
Shula's was in the "basement" below the lobby level. Perhaps that was the "mezzanine"? I don't remember Bar 10 offering breakfast. The three times I stayed there (2011-2014), breakfast was served in Shula's. It started out as anything on the menu but by 2014 they had adopted the strict Starwood "Continental" breakfast definition with no substitutions allowed.

I've got an upcoming reservation and we arrive late. Not really interested in sitting on a bed and having dinner through room service so wanted to just go downstairs and enjoy a quiet dinner. Looks like we'll be hitting the streets for that!
I thought Shula's was on the first floor, 43rd St. entrance side. Same level as the bottom of the escalator. I don't recall it being lower than that, but my memory is foggy.

When we were there (I think it was 2014, it was right after they got rid of their Club Lounge), Bar 10 was the bar at night, and the bartender showed us that the wall of liquor bottles had a wall of breakfast stuff that was pulled across (like a pocket door) to change from one to the other. It was a quick place to grab a pastry and coffee, as opposed to Shula's which had the full service sit-down breakfast.

But if they have no place that serves dinner I wonder where they get the room service food from anyway now?

Wow, time flies! We were there September 2012.