FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold Guest List beginner's guide
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2016, 3:41 pm
EsherFlyer

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by skicowboys
Hi guys I'm new to all this and I need help understanding this, esp point 1.
GGL looks out of reach, but I may still try.
Point 1. makes it seem easy spending £5k to get to GGL is this correct?
I thought AA transcon earned 210 points in F so where does the 660TP come from? Is there a way to get 660 out of a return transcon? I've assumed that a return is lax-jfk or sfo-jfk as these are the only routes I think they operate on.
Secondly 8 return trips in F for £5k. I picked one random date in June and that was £1300.
Have I miss-understood the OP?
I was working with the possibly optimistic assumption of £1/TP on 60TP+210TP+60TP jaunt and back, so 660TP total. You have to be starting in the right place to make it work, but since ATL and LAS often seem to be cheap end-points I just had a quick look on ITA and found ATL-CLT-LAX-LAS and back for exactly £660 on several dates in September (and £20-£50 more on plenty of others), so it was a valid assumption .

EDIT: That's with 0 night stay, so the whole trip can be fitted into 22h using AA2071-AA1768-AA2463-AA2670-AA418-AA462 ready for you to turn around and do it again. Blocks of 4 days w/c 12 Sept and 19 Sept should get all 8 in for £5500 or so.

Also, reading your points more closely, I meant anything that BA treats as F for TP purposes. I think the above books into P on two-class all the way. Were you reading it as F on a 3-class?

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Mar 19, 2016 at 4:21 pm Reason: Tidied a few words and added dates / flight numbers.