FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Rewards limit to ten reservations
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:37 am
Bonaventure

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Last November...

Me: YYZ-ROC
Me+friend: ROC-YYZ
Friend: YYZ-ROC

I could have done that with 2 instead of 3, but there are significant benefits to having everyone on one PNR for IRROPS on Beechcraft.

So 30k miles, 3 IKK.

If you scrape by at 100k AQM, you earn 200k miles.

No one here is complaining that while they used to do YYZ-SYD-YYZ in J for two people monthly are now only able to do it 10 times per year.

The issue is when your travel patterns require lots of one-way bookings.

I actually had to book something like YYZ-YYT, YYT-YOW, YOW-YYZ as separate bookings once, whereas YYZ-YYT-YOW-YYZ was valid as a multi-city. I spent 37.5k miles and 3 IKKs instead of 25k and 1. For the same flights.

I agree.

Limit it by number of miles allowed for IKK bookings. 500,000 or something. Family of 4 YYZ-SYD in J? You're done.

One person YYZ-ROC? I've literally been on that flight as the only person in the cabin. It cost them almost nothing to fly me. Why does my 7500 miles on a cheap flight count the same as your 500k miles four four people on a round-trip on the most lucrative flight AC has?
500k miles on an expensive route like YYZ LGA or YYZ SFO LAX? You think that's better than a hard 10 limit? Maybe for you, but that's probably because the limit targeted folks like you.

Sure the system sucks, but I'd be more in favour of increasing it to 15, or having threshold options grant more slots.