FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: LHR / London Heathrow, Connection, MCT inc. AA T3 <--> BA/IB T5
Old Mar 18, 2016, 7:35 pm
QueenOfCoach

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by mordy2000
Question for anyone with familiarity flying through LHR.

I am currently flying from JFK through LHR to another destination in Europe -- on a BA codeshare. It looks like my flight (AA #100) lands in T3 -- and I am assuming the BA flight will depart out of T5. My flight is scheduled to land at 6:20am and my BA flight departs at 7:30 -- that's just 70 minutes. Is that enough time?
Since you did not share the European destination, it's tough for anyone to offer you advice. Some BA flights to Europe leave from T3. Most leave from T5. Since you are very pressed for time, you are well advised to confirm which terminal it is beforehand.

Having said that, I would not at all be comfortable with a 70 minute connection at LHR T3 to T5 (or even T3 to T3).

After you land at T3, you have to wait your turn to get off the plane, walk a long distance to Flight Connections, wait for a bus, get on the bus, travel to T5, off the bus, up to T5 Flight Connections, stand in line for a boarding pass scan (Flight Conformance), go through Security and then hoof it to your departure gate.

Even if you are the first off the plane, the last on the bus, etc., you still have the "problem" that you must meet Flight Conformance. That means you must have your boarding pass scanned in T5 no less than 35* minutes before your departure. If you don't meet flight conformance, you will not fly, even if you are an Olympic sprinter capable of getting to your gate in seconds following the security checkpoint.

Personally, I wouldn't chance it. Do you feel lucky?

*I'm almost positive LHR T5 Flight Conformance is 35 minutes, but do indeed invite correction from BA people.