FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK body scanners - opt outs permitted 22 November 2013
Old Mar 18, 2016, 3:05 pm
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N830MH
I went through LHR last month. I went through at LHR terminal 5. I am on the way to Basel to see my brother. I passed through at security and I went through metal detector. They let me kept my shoes on and belts on, too. I have no problem with LHR security. I listen with screener.

And coming back home from LHR. I have to change the terminals. I have go to Terminal 3. I took connection bus. I have go back at security again and then went onto the concourse. I passed through at security and they let me kept my shoes on & belts on. I put a small bag in the bin and that's it. I have no problem with LHR security at all.
That's pretty normal worldwide, unless you have metal shoes (stiletto heels and steel-capped boots being the obvious examples). USA has their own rules of course.

The only thing is that if you do set off the metal detector, even at random, the first thing you will be asked is to take off your shoes ... this takes me about five minutes.