FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)
Old Mar 18, 2016, 3:55 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
We had no choice about where to sit there wasn't a lot of space to choose from so ended up in the area parallel to the cold buffet/fruit area each day. There was never any sort of proactive breakfast service, no one at any point asked what we wanted and I think I would still be in there today waiting to be served If I hadn't flagged down staff myself who evidently did not want me to bother them from their general demeanour.

We couldn't wear layers indoors it was so hot, I couldn't even put on my ski jackets when indoors it was so hot. Never once wore more than a shirt indoors and still found it too hot and heard others in the lounge complaining about exactly the same thing. I prefer to sleep at 17 to 18 degrees and could not get our bedroom temperature anywhere close to this. Oddly though the temperature in our lounge was fine.

Some may see this as a positive but even in ski resorts I have never had a hotel with public areas and rooms so uncomfortably hot. The only respite was to stand outside.

I have emailed the GM about our overall experiences but have little confidence that I will get a response which changes my opinion of the property.

I have had issues with my regular ski resort properties, The Westin Whistler and Westin Mammoth Monache but they pale into insignificance compared to our issues at Davos.

Last edited by Land-of-Miles; Mar 18, 2016 at 4:00 am