FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Poll - how many countries have you visited?
Old Jan 6, 2003, 1:13 pm
Jenbel
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I wouldn't have bothered answering cos I'm an amateur, but i do have one jewel of a country that not many others have listed. So for sheer rarity value here goes:

Scotland (I'm a Scot through and through, it's only an accident of politics it isn't a seperate sovereign country - at least I'm not counting Orkney and Shetland seperately)
England(if I list the above I must list this)
N. Ireland
Wales
Ireland
France
Germany (west and full)
Norway
Spain
Gibraltar
Portugal
Italy
Czech Republic
Yugoslavia (actually Slovenia - may have made it to Bosnia as well but not sure)
Israel (Does the West Bank officially count as Jordan, even if I've never been to other parts of Jordan?)
Turkey
Japan
China PRC
(Hong Kong - pre and post handover
Macau - pre handover)
South Korea
Thailand
Indonesia
Canada
US (both illegally and legally - at last, 2 months ago)
Mexico
Uganda
Dubai
Abu Dhabi
and finally .....

Burkina Faso - although having been there, I can understand why not many other people have.

So I make that 24 (ok, counting UK as one - blah!), plus four dependencies and the West Bank - dont know how to classify that.

Also I've transited through Switzerland, AMS, Denmark and Belgium. How many times can one visit a country (for me the Netherlands) without actually getting outside the airport door - I must have been there 30 times by now!

(edited to add transit countries)
(edited to add missed off countries - doh!)

[This message has been edited by Jenbel (edited 01-06-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Jenbel (edited 10-02-2003).]