FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your entire A330 transcon gourmet "The Business" dinner choice tonight is CARROT SOUP
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:50 am
markis10

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Considering the time of departure and the length of haul, the offer of soup and light breakfast doesn't seem unusual. Most pax would have already eaten dinner, so if a full-on, multi-course dinner had to be catered for all pax, there'd be a lot of waste. Frustrating of course if this back of clock flight was marketed as offering a full dinner service. Flew SIN-SYD in SQ F Suites a few months back and was quite surprised by how limited the food offering was.
I would agree. It's all in the expectations, and perhaps that's where the marketing fails.

I hate it when airlines try to stuff me with food in the early AM and the have a feeble breakfast, then again I hate red eyes, yet still keep booking them. What's the definition of a fool......

I flew the mid morning departure ex PER this morning and very much enjoyed the food, coming of a multi leg J flight in Business to Asia and the Middle East, it was somewhat ironic that the best flight when it comes to comfort and food would be a domestic leg. Cest la vie.