FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Moscow Nikolskaya, Russian Federation
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:11 pm
jbutters

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Current Stay at the Regis

My 2nd night at the St Regis. I am an spg preferred on a platinum challenge. So no real special treatment.

Very nice hotel. Checked in and grabbed my bag and I headed to my room. When I arrived I had a nice welcome letter with a map, pocket guide, restaurant list, ballet and art show options along with tour information. Probably less than 5 min after I got to my room the doorbell rang and I was greeted by the butler. She went over the services and gave me a card with a phone number or email to contact them at anytime and she left. The services were basically what has been explained here - pressing service, shoe shining, coffee or tea, packing/unpacking, wake up calls etc. I contacted around 9pm for a pressing for the next morning and a adapter for my phone. She was up very quickly to grab my clothes and the adapter came later.

I did use the unpacking option which was nice as I was running out to a meeting. Plus 2 garments pressed for the next day is nice as well. But when I asked for other things at different times I was simply told to ask the concierge or that they would leave a note but I needed to end up calling on my own. Concierge has been great though and got us the last two tickets at the Bolshoi for this week. My final thoughts on the butler service is they are very responsive but I get the feeling that if I never rang them I wouldn't see or hear from them for the rest of my stay.

The hotel is very close to red square. You make 2 rights after leaving the hotel and you are on the pedestrian street that leads right to red square. Maybe 5 min walk or so at a moderate pace.

I came in from a walk around the square to check out the other facilities - spa, gym and pool. The gym is separated into two areas both fairly small. One has free weights and a couple machines and the other has 2 bikes, 1 elliptical and 3 treadmills. The pools and spa are small but nice and not busy. The spa had several rooms and a menu of various services available.

Morning breakfast was an excellent buffet with a number of options including caviar at the buffet in the lobby restaurant. However, dinner in the same Italian restaurant later that evening was hit or miss.

One huge downside is the walls are paper thin. You can hear plenty from the adjoining rooms and some hallway nose. I wouldn't recommend the hotel for a light sleeper.

I am here for a few more nights and can report on other things if someone has other questions.

Last edited by jbutters; Mar 16, 2016 at 10:21 pm