FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:15 am
sebastiansw3

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
Oh dear... I've booked here in two weeks as we have a late night flight into Gatwick.

Did you encountered other issues?
The main issue seemed to be that no one, but no one ever answered the phone! This necessitated two tortuous walks by me back from airside meetings to the hotel to communicate simple instructions. One of these instructions was to make sure they gave my husband a key. An instruction that was totally ignored. The room was fine - more than acceptable - just a long walk from reception. Perhaps the hotel can be summed up by one incident - on arrival I joined the HHonors queue for check in thus bypassing the regular queue. An elderly leisure suit wearing man immediately called me out saying "didn't you notice this is the queue". I politely indicated the hhonors signs but he continued to rant. Absolutely not the hotels fault and I don't hold it against them (except perhaps for a lack of clear signs - regulars know what the carpets and desk top hhonors log signs mean but the average joe doesn't). I reached out this morning to the hotel GM and have a call scheduled for tomorrow so I shall update if I learn anything further. In the interests of fairness hotel senior management seem on the ball even if their team don't.