FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your entire A330 transcon gourmet "The Business" dinner choice tonight is CARROT SOUP
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:12 am
marhaba

Pathetic complainers

Originally Posted by mad_atta
I agree it's a bit poor, but I don't think it's a complete outrage - after all it's a late evening redeye flight of less than 4 hours actual flying time (block time is 4h 10min), for which one proper meal (breakfast) *is* served. It's far from unheard of on other airlines with short, late-night departure redeyes in premium classes to have only the breakfast served without any real alternative option. At least VA does give you some kind of option: the soup + chicken + bread + dessert is at least a passable light supper, and could be augmented by the pantry offering (if only your FA wasn't too lazy to offer it).

On that flight, I think the vast majority of pax would want to go straight to sleep, so VA's offering reflects that. It seems to me that the FA's handling of the situation is the main problem here... though I agree that given VA focus on high quality food as a differentiator, they could have tried a bit harder.

On the other hand, I'm interested (and heartened) to read that you rated the breakfast highly. When I flew the route in the middle of last year, the SYD-PER breakfast was utterly lacklustre, while the PER-SYD dinner (on the mid-afternoon departure) was sensational. Service from the FAs was exemplary on both, as it happens. I'm flying it again on the same flights in a couple of weeks time, and was not particularly looking forward to the breakfast offering, but based on your account I'm hopeful it has actually improved. What was on offer for your SYD-PER flight?

Oh you're kidding aren't you?
The way the lounge guests Hoover down the food and wine as if they've never seen food before and go to lengths to get their 'value for money' is embarrassing. The true high tier frequent flier isn't interested in dining onboard as sleep or work or just rest is far more beneficial than stuffing your face
The value you get is the comfort factor , room to move and priority - on a less than 4 hour red eye flight what are you wanting ? To pig out for the entire flight with the lights on just so you get your 'value for money'? You have economy class first time flier mentality. I bet too you use points from your company paid ticket to upgrade into business!! You fork out the cost of the ticket yourself?
Pathetic!