FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Evisa & Visa on arrival for India
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:58 am
fassy

Originally Posted by jalabi99
That's unfortunate! I had no such bad experience. Maybe it depends on what country you are doing it from? (I did it from the US.)
After days of forth and back with their support we figoured out it just doesn't work form Germany. I called a friend in the US and he was able to issue the payment for me. Very weird experience.

And since the visa is for 30 days only, it makes sense that you would have to use the visa before the 30 days are up, right?
Depends... you get the actual visa on the day of your arrival. Then you can stay for 30 days. I do not see any reason, besides the usual miss of any logic, that you can't apply for a visa on arrival 45 days out and then get the visa for 30 days issued on the day of your arrival. Anyway, I confirmed with them, you need to enter the country latest 30 days after the payment was made and are then allowed to stay for 30 days.

After all, the whole point in getting an e-visa is for you to obtain it, and use it, as quickly as possible. Like in my case, I needed to be in India on the 18th and I applied for it on the 13th and got it on the 14th.
Yes, after the payment issue was solved the approval came after 24 hours. I'm just a tiny bit worried that Lufthansa will make a stink during boarding since I do not carry a valid visa. We will see...