FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:13 am
toothpick2

Originally Posted by demue
Well there you go. Thanks for sharing, see we are getting somewhere . Have you checked / tallied your monthly UNI$ balance? I can tell you only my experience and it was that the first month worked fine at 10UNI$ as verified with UOB CS and then the 2nd and 3rd month did not. No idea why as it was subscription (you know how it work if you use the service) and nothing changed, but of course neither did UOB know and the claimed this vendor, albeit being a Paypal transaction, did not qualify.

Now given the mixed bag that UOB Customer Service is I'm not surprised and argued my case as per T&Cs regarding Paypal (which are vague) and they did a "goodwill" adjustment for my 2nd and 3rd month and insisted that it will not qualify going forward. At that point, I switched the credit card for another month and since then have cancelled the service as the menu got boring after a while (yes lentil salad was good) and portion size was too varying for my taste, but I digress.

In the end, if it still works for you that is great and just shows that this is a tricky area to give definite answers. I think even UOB often does not know why some transactions posts as they do (10x or not), so time and effort to track and contest may not always be worth it to argue things out with them. YMMV
I've been eating their food for 5 months already and all is fine.