FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Chase Signature Card
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2016, 1:05 pm
CanadaDH

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by nas6034
US or Canada. I guess best bang for the value but easily accessible by airplane.
The suggestions offered so far are good, but best bang for the certificate isn't necessarily the places with the most expensive rooms. That's a good strategy to use when you plan to stay at multiple destinations, and you want to determine where you get the most savings when you have more stays planned than you have certificates available.

However, since it sounds like you're not planning to hit several properties, and are sort of picking a destination in order to use the certificates you have, I think the best value for you is redeeming them at the place you would most like to visit, regardless of their regular room rates.

But, if you're looking for suggestions to get the most "savings", my top choices (excluding overseas destinations) for certificate use are:
- Banff Springs - Suite Upgrade gets you into some really large suites, much better than base rooms.
- Lake Louise - Very expensive any day in winter or summer (but cheaper in the off-season), and they're flexible about making deals on using them toward better suites.
- Chateau Frontenac - Also expensive (especially in summer).
- Copley Plaza - Very nice hotel in a great location, and fairly expensive.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Mar 13, 2016 at 1:14 pm