FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Evisa & Visa on arrival for India
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2016, 9:50 am
jalabi99

Originally Posted by fassy
Hi all,

I submitted the eVisa online application but when it takes me to the payment provider (sbiepay.com) it just times out. I tried various connections but sbiepay.com is just not reachable, the Visa helpdesk has me hanging on hold for hours and no one replies to mail.

Any idea?
That's unfortunate! I had no such bad experience. Maybe it depends on what country you are doing it from? (I did it from the US.)

Also, is it true that I have to use the visa (i.E. enter India) within 30 days after paying the fee? That's rather odd...
Well, in the "Instructions for Applicants" section of the e-Visa website it does say that "Applicants of the eligible countries/territories may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days. Example : If you are applying on 1st Sept then applicant can select arrival date from 5th Sept to 4th Oct." And since the visa is for 30 days only, it makes sense that you would have to use the visa before the 30 days are up, right?

After all, the whole point in getting an e-visa is for you to obtain it, and use it, as quickly as possible. Like in my case, I needed to be in India on the 18th and I applied for it on the 13th and got it on the 14th.