FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways Launches Free Doha City Tour For Transit Passengers
Old Mar 13, 2016, 4:20 am
palermo

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
I did the tour in May 2015 as i had an 8-hour transit for my KUL bound flight. It was mid week and noon time. t was only 3 of us in the tour including my partner. It felt more like a private tour. Albeit not a great one. The departure was around 1 pm. it was hot but not unbearable.

I would do it again if it was my first time as it is free. Main benefit is that they waive the visa on arrival.

If I were flying economy with no lounge access, It is a no brainer. I would even do it more than once as it would be a great break from the airport

The bus is not very comfortable - Nothing terrible but poor leg room and the tour itself is alright. Given that we arrived at the souk at 2.30pm, all shops were closed and being a Tuesday (or Wednesday, not sure), the islamic museum was closed.

All in all it took like 3 hours (from the lounge to the lounge) which was a nice break from the lounge/airport.

Immigration and security lanes were very very quiet - both in the fast track and for the one other passenger in the tour who was flying economy.

Doha itself is fine but I am not sure I would be spending more than $100 to tour it myself if I am on route to somewhere else. Al the moment it is like a building site with some nice buildings and some nice views from the corniche. IMO there is not a must see place (as the mosque in AUH or the Burj Dubai in DUB).

Last edited by palermo; Mar 16, 2016 at 11:57 pm Reason: typo