FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this United's new business class layout?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:54 pm
mike1968

Programs: UA1MM*GL/1K, AA, BnVy PlatL, HH Silver,
Originally Posted by phxrsng
Well said. I also think it is market positioning. UA is not stupid enough to think they can compete with the "best of the best" premium cabins. They know who their travelers are and are putting out the best product for that audience and that will make them money.

I'm excited about what I think will be a great improvement.
Sad statement. Before the takeover, UA did compete and attracted sufficient premium paid travel to make it work. This cheaping out the product is simply not sustainable. What paid premium traffic is left can easily find a way to book another airline and youre certainly not going to make premium work by having a product you can only fill with Y upgrades and cheap P fares. Maybe they can brand it EconomyBusiness.

Really unfortunate there is no F on these birds as there certainly would be no reason to pay C. The proof will be to see if the seat is more of a UA quality or they've gone the cheap, uncomfortable route like all the other seats they are installing.